The Committee on Classification and Grades is commissioned by the Faculty Assembly to
rule on requests for student academic concerns other than grade appeals. This includes,
but is not limited to:
- Requests for substitutions for General Education Curriculum;
- Waivers or substitutions for other graduation requirements;
- Appeal probation or suspension status or sit out period (other than after a first suspensions, please direct to the college dean);
- Appeal for credits earned to be accepted as transfer credit after a return from a suspension;
- Retroactive actions on registration and withdrawals that occur outside the semester for which the appeal is being made;
- and grade changes requested one year after the semester the course was taken.
The committee is made up of the college deans, two faculty representatives from each college and the provost. It is chaired by the Registrar. Appeals to Classification and Grades should be returned to the Office of the Registrar. It is highly recommended that documentation be provided. A Classification and Grades Appeal form has been created to assist the student in crafting the appeal. It may be filled out online and printed.